#NaNoWriMo Challenge

NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month, is a writing challenge that asks writers to fashion 50,000 words in one month, preferably in one genre, and turn them into something that resemble a novel.

For those who don't know, the Haanta Series began as a NaNoWriMo dare, back in the days when I struggled to crank out 500 words a day. Well, over the past two years, 30 novels and 5 short story collections have been written for the series, averaging about 50,000 words written in one week. I love doing writing challenges with others because it gets people enthused with their own sense of creativity. Many are intimidated by the word count I produce and therefore think they won't win the challenge, but really NaNoWriMo is not about word count. It's about writing something when one would have otherwise written nothing at all.

Hence, I issue a public challenge to all my fellow writer friends: if you would like to go for the mega Haanta Series writing challenge and write 50,000 words a week, leave a comment below. If not, tell us what you plan to write and share your NaNoWriMo account info!

Comments

  1. I am signed up for NaNoWriMo. I'm a little iffy on whether or not I will actually reach the 50k goal for the month. I've been a little stuck with my writing as of late. I'm hoping NaNo is the carefree writing binge I need. I'm struggling to do the daily stories on my blog. I love doing it, but my head isn't in the game as of late.

    I am WJSmith at NaNo. See you there. And rock that word count!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment